Come join the Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston and love where you work! It's the first Margaritaville in Texas and we welcome you to the one and only lake resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Texas.
Are you currently a Sous Chef looking for the next level up? If so, this could be your opportunity. We are seeking a Culinary Manager (Kitchen Manager) with a strong culinary and operations background for our new restaurant, LandShark Bar & Grill.
OUR CORE PURPOSE:
Create and Deliver Fun and Escapism
Our team members are the best of the best. We hire energetic, committed people who have a genuine desire to take care of other people. Our team members approach their jobs as an opportunity to please and are dedicated to engaging with every guest, every time. We provide a fun and exciting environment to work and strive to ensure that you will Love Your Job!
1. Every Guest, Every Time
2. Foster a shared responsibility for the well-being of our staff, guests, and community
3. Act with integrity and respect
4. “It’s my job to be better than the best.”
For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits, on the job training, uniforms and recognition rewards. Enjoy daily breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties.
The Culinary Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of all kitchen operations of the venue; ensure a strong focus on Guest satisfaction. Develop and supervise Sous Chefs and Chefs to attain sales and profit objectives while maintaining the highest standards of quality food, beverage, service, cleanliness, organization and sanitation.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITY & EXPECTATIONS:
• Perform all positions and processes within the back of house.
• Ensure only the highest quality products are served and they meet each Guest’s expectations.
• Ensure proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
• Ensure all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
• Ensure a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and training.
• Understand, comply with, and enforce:
-All Company policies, procedures, and operating standards.
-All federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
• Ensure accurate completion of Culinary Staff Member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
• Interview, hire, develop, train, and manage all Culinary Supervisors, prep cooks, line cooks, and back of house trainers.
• Assist with the development, performance, coaching, and timely completion of all Culinary Staff Members’ performance reviews.
• Forecast Labor Cost based on historical data and trends.
• Develop menu for restaurant operations.
• Use proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all restaurant-related products.
• Calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
• Actively manage and control waste.
• Perform a daily walk through of inventory to determine daily production.
• Perform a daily line check to ensure consistent tastes, accurate temperatures, and quality of items.
• Coordinate and ensure production standards daily with Assistant Kitchen Managers.
• Coordinate catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
• Assist General Manager in all facets of operation to include financial, forecasting, recruiting, entertainment, sales, and marketing.
• Responsible for ensuring overall Guest and Staff Member satisfaction.
• Communicate and establish rapport with Guests.
• Understand and utilize all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Head.
• Physical Requirements (as required by OSHA and ADA – US only)
• Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting.
• Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
• Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
• Climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
• Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/ or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
• Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Occasional travel for training purposes or other business needs.
• High school degree or GED required.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) preferred or Associate’s degree (AA) in a related field.
• ACF certification or appropriate program or equivalent required.
• Certified Professional Food Manager Certification required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high volume food and beverage environment required.
• Excellent reading, writing, mathematical and communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
• Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Excellent judgment and decision making abilities.
• Ability to supervise multiple levels of Culinary Staff Members.
• Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment subject to local laws (US only).
Based on Experience
Job Types(s): Restaurant / Food Service
Industry(s): Travel / Hotel / Resort
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): Conroe / Lake Conroe